Some say that he has two left hands, and his nose can tell when it will rain. All we know is that he's called DFM.

Monday, March 23, 2009

Episode 18: In Which DFM's Milk Turns Into Sour Cream

Today wasn't much of a day.  After a jam packed day of exploring and a night out I opted for some rest.  I did have quite a weird experience with my milk though.  

I'm not sure if it was the heat or not (my room is generally quite cool as there are no windows) but when I had my breakfast cereal it tasted rather odd.  I thought maybe it was just the old milk left over from the other day (I was too lazy to wash my bowl out), so I had another bowl later in the afternoon.  There were solid chunks in my milk!  Plus, it tasted kind of like drinking sour cream.  I didn't want to waste good cereal though so I ate the rest of the bowl.  But then I threw out the remaining milk since I was pretty sure it wasn't quite fresh anymore.

When I went to get some new milk and cereal from the "Spend More-On-Foods" across the street I met the cutest little boy.  He couldn't have been any more than two at the most, but was probably younger.  I was standing in the cereal aisle comparing the cost-benefit ratios of various products when this little guy came toddling along with his dad.  He stopped dead in his tracks like he had seen a ghost.  (I know I'm pretty pale, but come on!)  I backed out of the way to let him pass, but his dad said "annyeong him."  The little boy puts his hands by his side and bent over into a big bow.  I replied "annyeong hasseo," which means hello, and bowed back.  The boy toddled along on his way and the dad and I exchanged a nod.  I was kicking myself for forgetting the number one tourist rule:  Never forget your camera!

No comments:

Post a Comment