Some say that he has two left hands, and his nose can tell when it will rain. All we know is that he's called DFM.

Sunday, February 15, 2009

Do Scousers Speak Engrish?

I was watching some sketches from a top-notch British comedy show by Harry Enfield. There is a group of recurring characters on Harry's show called The Scousers. At first I was unaware of the term Scouser, but after some light research I found it to mean a person from Liverpool. In fact, it turns out that nearly all people North of London are made fun of for not being from London. In my searches though, I found a site which contains samples of all significant British dialects. I've included a link to it, because I thought some proactive thinkers amongst my readers may want to practice their Engrish listening skills. Simply click on one of the stick figures to hear a sample of that region's distinctly non-North American accent. With some practice, you should be well on your way to ordering a submarine sandwich.



("Youse wanna fight, eh?")

No comments:

Post a Comment